Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spread the word, send a quick message of hope to an innocent prisoner

It has been reported by "Good" here that after 27 years in prison, Thomas Haynesworth is to have had his innocence upheld after prosecutors said DNA evidence has been found which points to a convicted rapist named Leon Davis.

My heart is broken for the time Thomas lost in prison, and I wish him all the best as he attempts to pick up the pieces and transition in to free life.

His time in prison is reminiscent of another innocent prisoner who served time in prison for the sins of others. That earlier prisoner Baha'u'llah writing to one of His early disciples states;

"Forget not My Bounties while I am absent. Remember My days during thy days, and My distress and banishment in this remote prison. And be thou so steadfast in My love that thy heart shall not waver, even if the swords of the enemies rain blows upon thee and all the heavens and the earth arise against thee...

...And if thou art overtaken by affliction in My path, or degradation for My sake, be not thou troubled thereby.
Rely upon God, thy God and the Lord of thy fathers."~ Baha'u'llah.

Kind regards.

~via BlogPress for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment